Extras to Spruce Up Your New Digs
So you just got new digs and a new coffee table you have fallen in love with. Everything is put in its place, your decor fits you to a “T,” and now you just need a few extras to spruce up the place. Where do you need extras and what do you need?
My favorite way to spruce up my apartment is by adding a few favorite things all around. Combing function with design makes the process even better. If you are like me, you don’t like to have a lot of “stuff” that just takes up space but you still appreciate beautiful design. That is why functional design is what works best for people like us.
When I am decorating my space I am picky about each piece that I choose and place it carefully where I think it both works and looks great.
Here are some great ways to spruce up your common areas that need it.
- “Look books” …or as some would call them (and appropriately so), coffee table books. Some good ones include PostSecret, The Jazz Loft Project, back issues of HOUR metropolitan magazine and SPIN magazine.
- Modern candle holders
- Games like Table Topics. They look great and are fun for spur-of-the-moment gatherings.
The Kitchen Counter
- A trendy little French press
- A bamboo plant
- Spice rack
- Banana hammock
- Glass fruit/vegetable bowl. Add color with fresh fruits and vegetables each week.
- Unique placemats
- Vase with flowers – fresh or artificial (if you want them to keep longer)
These are just a few ideas of how to add a bit of design and function to some of the most important and commonly used spaces in your apartment. Just because they are the most used spaces doesn’t mean that they can’t look beautiful too. For me, this is one of the most important things to remember when creating a space that I will love day in and day out, and that my friends and family will love when they visit.
How do you bring design and function into your pad?
This is an incredibly unique post. Make sure to comment with your feedback!